Coffee has been such a part of my morning rituals. It’s aroma just keeps me going plus the taste, oh! It just inspires me to pull-off a day’s work without having to feel really disgusted and stressed over working too much. Indeed, coffee has been so much a part of me, besides water, of course!
I am a registered dietitian and a nutrition editor of a local lifestyle magazine here in the States. I know for a fact that coffee is just right when taken in moderation. Aside from the fact that it really makes my day, coffee has been proven to contain a lot of antioxidants and low in calories as well (just if you don’t mix it with creamer and sugar).
Accordingly, there have been over 18,000 studies conducted about coffee in the past years and revealed several health benefits of what they termed the “devil’s brew”. Among these amazing results are as follows:
- Lowers the risks of heart diseases.Studies have shown that coffee drinkers who consume 1-3 cups daily may have reduced risks of getting heart attack. This is so because of its antioxidant properties, which is more potent than the blueberries. In fact, coffee is said to be the major source of antioxidants in American diet. Accordingly, coffee may raise your blood pressure but in the long run, it will actually help lower your blood pressure and widens your arteries.
- Antioxidants in coffee such as chlorogenic acid and quinides help you get rid of type II diabetes. Accordingly, these antioxidants boost your cell’s sensitivity to insulin which helps regulate sugar. People who drink 4 cups or more are less likely to develop type Ii diabetes later in life.
- Drinking coffee is found to lower the chance of cirrhosis and other liver ailments. Studies have found out that consuming 2 cups of coffee each day will reduce the risk of acquiring liver cancer by at least 43%. This is because of the chlorogenic and caffeic acids, the powerful antioxidants that protect your cells from free-radicals.
- Experts say that drinking 1 to 5 cups of coffee daily will help boost your memory and in the long run, will reduce the incidence of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease to include Parkinson’s disease. The antioxidants found in coffee will help protect your brain from cell damage.
- Studies also revealed that by taking at least 16 ounces of brewed coffee will help you feel relieved from headaches and migraines. Accordingly caffeine boosts the activity of brain cells that cause the blood vessels to function well.
However, drinking coffee does not always do well to you. At times, people can be very sensitive to caffeine and then get jittery after a cup or two. But coffee “addicts” may develop tolerance from caffeine but the bad thing is, they tend to be very dependent on it to keep them going all day. Coffee may also cause you to be sleepless at night.
If you love coffee just like me, then there’s no stopping you. Just take it moderately and enjoy the benefits of coffee it brings to your health.
Take the Ten-Day Challenge Now for $29.95
30 day Money Back Guarantee!
- What benefits can you get from drinking coffee? (healthofcoffee.com)
- The Good side of a “devil’s brew”, ain’t that bad at all! (healthofcoffee.com)
- What Coffee does to your health? (healthofcoffee.com)
- The Hidden truths: Health benefits of coffee (healthofcoffee.com)
- There are five reasons and more why I love coffee… (healthofcoffee.com)