Coffee can lose weight—is there any proof to this statement. This is something strange to know that your favorite coffee in the morning can let you lose weight. Or probably, this is just another marketing strategies to increase their sales of coffee.
Believe it or not, but it’s true. Coffee can definitely help you lose those extra pounds. Recent studies show that it’s not only safe drinking coffee but it can actually lose weight. They found out that caffeine along with its coffee components can be linked to weight loss, at least mildly and naturally. Your lose weight coffee has been a part of your morning diet to boost your day.
As we all know, there have been numerous studies about the health benefits of coffee including the antioxidants found in it. Research says the coffee is the number one source of antioxidants while black tea is second. Antioxidants are substances or nutrients in foods that can prevent or slow oxidative damage to our body. When our cells utilize oxygen, they naturally produce free radicals (by-products) which can cause damage to other cells. Antioxidants act as “free radical scavengers” and hence prevent and repair damage inflicted by these free radicals. Fruits and vegetables are hailed as the richest sources of antioxidants, but this study shows that coffee is the main source from which most Americans get their antioxidants. Both caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee appear to provide similar amounts of antioxidants.
Now, let’s find out how coffee is linked to weight loss.
- The caffeine found in coffee helps speed up metabolism in the body that lead in modest changes in weight. That is also the reason it is the main ingredient found in most diet pills.
- Caffeine helps in breaking down of fats easily that are then immediately burned. It acts a stimulant which causes your body to release catecholamines. Fat cells are then targeted by the catecholamines. The body fat that is stored in the fact cells is then used for fuel. Hence, by drinking coffee you experience weight loss.
- While fat is burned, glucose and glycogen is unused so blood sugar levels remain high. That being said, it keeps you away from getting hungry. When our blood sugars are low, we don’t feel hungry and we crave less. That then keeps you away from the sweets that you want to munch.
- Caffeine can help to dampen down your appetite, at least mildly. Of course, caffeine does have some other side effects you should keep in mind before you start guzzling coffee to help your weight loss. So, you will no more crave for snacks or eat during non-eating time as a result, you will have lesser intake of calories.
- It’s best to drink your lose weight coffee a few hours before your workout time because coffee helps in releasing more energy for you to have a stronger body and can let you exercise longer than your regular exercise.
- Lastly, this is not related to losing weight but is a great benefit one can get from drinking coffee. The reason why coffee is very important if not popular for people on graveyard shifts or to students who required to work for longer hours, is that coffee helps stimulate thinking. It can keep you alert and awake with eyes wide open. It improves cognitive functions in short. Researchers found that caffeine helped students to correct errors in subject-verb agreement and verb tense, MSNBC reported. However, the caffeine still didn’t seem to make a difference at identifying misspelled words.
- The athletic performance can be increased due to increased tolerance of one’s pain during exercise. A person can feel less fatigue thus it will give him more time for exercise. If this happens every time you workout, it will surely make you lose weight.